1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are files that are downloaded to the user’s terminal (computer / smartphone / tablet) when accessing certain web pages; the cookies are stored in its memory. Cookies make it possible, for example, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or of his/her computer, to see which pages are visited, the connection time, analyze the performance of a page, whether there are technical problems, etc. In this way, greater customization is achieved, as well as an analysis of the user’s behavior, making it possible to improve the navigation process accordingly.
Cookies are only associated with one anonymous user and his or her computer / device, and do not provide references that reveal personal data. The user may at any time adjust his/her browser settings in order to modify and/or block installation of cookies.
2. Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies according to different criteria:
According to how long they remain:
- Session cookies: expire when the User closes the browser.
- Permanent cookies: expire when their objective has been completed.
According to ownership:
- First-party cookies: are generated by the website that you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies: are the property of a third party, who will be the one to process the information collected.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: allow a user to browse a website, platform or application and use different options or services offered there, for example, to control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted areas, remember the elements placed in an order, complete an online purchase, sign up or register for an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound, or share content on social networks.
- Customization cookies: allow the user to access a service with certain predefined general characteristics according to a number of criteria in the user’s terminal, for example, language, type of browser used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is being accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: Whether processed by ourselves or by a third party, these cookies quantify the number of users and enable measurement and statistical analysis of how users make use of our services. For this reason, we analyze their navigation of our website in order to improve our offering of products and services.
- Advertising cookies: whether processed by ourselves or by a third party, these cookies provide for the most effective management of advertising spaces on the website, by adjusting the advertising content to the service requested, or to the user’s specific usage of our website. Toward this end, we are able to analyze his or her browsing habits on Internet and we can show advertising related to his/her browsing profile.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: these cookies provide for the most effective management of advertising spaces that the editor has included in the website, application or platform that delivers the requested service. These cookies store information about the users’ behavior that is obtained through continuous observation of his or her browsing habits, making it possible to develop a specific profile and deliver advertising accordingly.
You can learn more about cookies and their use at www.aboutcookies.org.
3. Typology, purpose and functionality of the Cookies used
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed and provided by Google, Inc., a Delaware company whose main office is at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google will use this information in order to track your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage, it may also transfer this information to third parties when so required by law or where such third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google does not associate your IP address with any other data held.
List of cookies from Google Analytics that are used on the website:
_utma: Used to distinguish users and sessions, to determine the number of unique visitors (defined as a specific browser on a specific computer) that visit the site. The cookie is updated every time the data are sent to Google Analytics. Expiration: 2 years after it was first created or last updated.
_utmb: Used to determine the number of times a unique visitor (a specific browser on a specific computer) visits the site. It is used together with the _utmc cookie (described below). Expiration: 30 minutes after the session / update.
_utmc: Used to determine the number of times a unique visitor (a specific browser on a specific computer) visits the site. It is used together with the _utmb cookie (described above). Expiration: End of the browsing session.
_utmz: Used to determine what page was being viewed immediately before visiting each page on our site. This allows us to evaluate link effectiveness in order to help users find the information they are looking for. It is updated every time the data are sent to Google Analytics. Expiration: 6 months after it was first created or was reset.
For more information, see the Google Analytics website: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.
4. Cookie Consent
In any case, we inform you that you can block or disable cookies by activating the browser setting that allows you to refuse installation of all cookies or some of them. The vast majority of browsers allow for notifications of the presence of Cookies, or to reject them automatically. If you reject cookies, you can continue to use our Website, although the usage of some services may be limited, and therefore your experience on our Website may be less satisfactory.
We use first-party and third-party cookies in order to offer you better service, and by continuing to navigate our website you accept our use of them.