When we say fixed braces, we are referring to orthodontic treatment with braces (fixed appliances) that are fitted on the buccal o external surface of the teeth.
Recommendations after the placement of fixed braces:
1. Keep up your hygiene after treatment and placement of fixed braces, brush your teeth for 5 to 7 minutes after each meal, and use interproximal brushes to clean between the brackets and the wire and the tooth.
2. After brushing your teeth, look in the mirror to check whether your teeth are clean and the brackets are shiny.
3. The first few days after each visit, you will probably notice that your teeth are sensitive; this mild discomfort can be relieved with any anti-inflammatory.Take the medication indicated by your orthodontist.
4. Put dental wax on the brackets that protrude the most, so that you do not get sores from chafing. Don’t wait to get sores before putting on the wax.
5. Watch what you eat, from now until the end of the treatment you should eat soft things and avoid hard foods like nuts, hard candies, lollipops, olives with their pit, etc. Remember that any time a bracket comes off it makes the treatment longer.
Remember that oral hygiene is fundamental to the success of the treatment.
For further information please contact us by telephone (+34) 93 832 72 81.